"Thank you, David and Donna for the excellent time we had last weekend, it was the best time ever! Want to do it again in the fall. Thank you so much again, it was great seeing you."
- Andy M.
"I just had to let you know that the crew from Johnnyâ€™s Selected Seeds had an AWESOME time on Friday, June 15th! Out of the six of us, four had never been white water rafting before and we all loved it! I can speak for myself and tell you I could easily be addicted to rafting! The weather was unbelievable. The lunch was really good and our guide, Chris was fantastic! We will request him again. I do believe we may book again in the fall. I donâ€™t think I can wait until next year! :) Thanks again!"
- Cathy P., Winslow, ME
"I would like to personally thank you for the amazing adventure you organized for Auburn High School last week. The amount of times that I heard the students say that it was the best weekend/trip EVER on the way home told me that this is a trip that they will remember for the rest of their lives. Your hospitality, professionalism, river expertise, and overall easy going nature made my students and I feel comfortable, safe, and relaxed. You present students with a once of a lifetime experience of bonding and adventure and I will highly recommend your company to everyone I talk to!"
- Spencer K. Auburn, Mass, High School
"Dave, we had an AWESOME time with you! Thanks for getting us down the river safely. I'd love to come up again this summer... Maybe when it's a bit warmer, but that was the best Cinco de Mayo! You and the Magic Falls crew are fantastic."
- Kelsey H.
Maine Rafting for Scout Groups
A Great Way to earn your whitewater merit badge
Magic Falls Rafting Company offers a variety of packages from one day rafting trips to Scout Merit Badges in whitewater and rock climbing. Choose the one that is right for your Scout group or complete our on-line trip planning form to receive a detailed trip quote via email.
1. One Full day of Whitewater Rafting on the Kennebec or Dead River. This includes all safety equipment, wetsuits (if needed) and a full BBQ...Kennebec (10 years and Up) $54.00 p/p
Dead River (12 years and Up) $69.00 p/p
2. One full day of Team Building Skills (10 years and UP). Team climbing on our specially designed 24 foot climbing wall. This will include many exercises on confidence building, trust in your team, and camaraderie. All safety equipment and instructors are included. Lunch is not included. $25.00 p/p
3. One full day of whitewater Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and UP). Whitewater fun yak training in the morning. This includes basic reading of whitewater, paddling and safety instructions, and basic river rescue training. In the afternoon test the skills you've leaned. We will be funyaking in the fun yaks on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 rapids. Lunch is not included. $39.00 p/p
4. One full day of rock-climbing Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and UP). Learn the basics on our outdoor climbing wall in the morning and then head to a 75 foot rock face to practice your skills. Lunch is included. $69.00 p/p
5. One full day Fun Yak (12 years and UP). This trip is on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 plus rapids. Wetsuits and bag lunch included. $39.00 p/p
6. Just for fun. (10 years and UP). In the morning, climb our 24 foot climbing wall; in the afternoon, fun yak on the calm stretch of the Kennebec River. Swim, play and just have fun. This package includes instructions and transportation. Lunch is not included. $35.00 p/p
Overnight camping and meal options;
Campsites* $10.00 p/p
Cabin tents** $13.00 p/p
Full Breakfast $ 8.00 p/p
Continental Breakfast $ 5.00 p/p
BBQ or Spaghetti Dinner $ 10.00 p/p
Pizza Party $ 10.00 p/p
* Bring own camping equipment. ** Bring own sleeping bag and pillow.
CLIMBING WALL IS AVAILABLE WITH ADVANCE BOOKING...$25.00 PER HOUR
A user fee of $5 per person for the Kennebec trip and $11 per person for the Dead River trip will be assessed to cover the Maine Inland Fisheries & Wildlife levy and road access fee.