Maine Rafting for Scout Groups
A Great Way to earn your whitewater merit badge
Magic Falls Rafting Company offers a variety of packages from one day rafting trips to Scout Merit Badges in whitewater and rock climbing. Choose the one that is right for your Scout group or complete our on-line trip planning form to receive a detailed trip quote via email.
1. One Full day of Whitewater Rafting on the Kennebec or Dead River. This includes all safety equipment, wetsuits (if needed) and a full BBQ...Kennebec (10 years and Up) $54.00 p/p Kennebec High water releases (12 years and up) $69.00 p/p
Dead River (12 years and Up) $69.00 p/p
2. One full day of Team Building Skills (10 years and UP). Team climbing on our specially designed 24 foot climbing wall. This will include many exercises on confidence building, trust in your team, and camaraderie. All safety equipment and instructors are included. Lunch is not included. $25.00 p/p
3. One full day of whitewater Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and UP). Whitewater fun yak training in the morning. This includes basic reading of whitewater, paddling and safety instructions, and basic river rescue training. In the afternoon test the skills you've leaned. We will be funyaking in the fun yaks on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 rapids. Lunch is not included. $39.00 p/p
4. One full day of rock-climbing Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and UP). Learn the basics in the morning and then head to a 75 foot rock face to practice your skills. Lunch is included. $69.00 p/p
5. One full day Fun Yak (12 years and UP). This trip is on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 plus rapids. Wetsuits and bag lunch included. $39.00 p/p
6. Just for fun. (10 years and UP). Fun yak on the calm stretch of the Kennebec River. Swim, play and just have fun. $35.00 p/p
Overnight camping and meal options;
Campsites* $12.00 p/p
Cabin tents** $15.00 p/p
Full Breakfast $ 8.00 p/p
Continental Breakfast $ 5.00 p/p
BBQ or Spaghetti Dinner $ 10.00 p/p
Pizza Party $ 10.00 p/p
* Bring own camping equipment. ** Bring own sleeping bag and pillow.
A user fee of $5.90 per person for the Kennebec trip and $13.60 per person for the Dead River trip will be assessed to cover the Maine Inland Fisheries & Wildlife levy and road access fee.
"Thank you once again Magic Falls for creating this opportunity for at risk youth from Long Creek Youth Development Center! Because of your generosity, our youth had the chance to experience 2 incredible days on the river, an opportunity many would never of had otherwise. Your staff have superior knowledge and professionalism, always making our group feel welcomed, valued and safe. Truly an experience of unbelievable value. "Thank you for the memorable rafting trip. The joy on the faces of the kids was unforgettable. All of the guides did a wonderful job with the kids. Your generosity is part of the kids believing kindness is a good thing." - a quote from staff.
- Melanie, South Portland
"Just wanted to drop a quick note to say what a great trip we had. The double run was awesome and Chris gave us an amazing ride. Can I request him for next year now? Thanks again and see you all next year if not sooner."
- Chuck, Haverhill, Mass.
"Thanks for an excellent day on the river, whether it's raining or sunshine it's always an amazing day. Every single employee is happy with smiles on their faces and always willing to help and do whatever it takes to make our experience incredible. We’ll be back next year!
- Matt, Waterville, Maine
"I just had to let you know that the crew from Johnnyâ€™s Selected Seeds had an AWESOME time on Friday, June 15th! Out of the six of us, four had never been white water rafting before and we all loved it! I can speak for myself and tell you I could easily be addicted to rafting! The weather was unbelievable. The lunch was really good and our guide was fantastic! I do believe we may book again in the fall. I donâ€™t think I can wait until next year! :) Thanks again!"
- Cathy P., Winslow, ME