Maine Rafting for Scout Groups
A Great Way to earn your whitewater merit badge
Magic Falls Rafting Company offers a variety of packages from one day rafting trips to Scout Merit Badges in whitewater and rock climbing. Choose the one that is right for your Scout group or complete our on-line trip planning form to receive a detailed trip quote via email.
A Yelp Review from a happy scoutmaster:
We took a troop of boy scouts up for an unforgettable rafting trip down the Kennebec river. Our guide Pebbles had terrific knowledge of the river and we had an amazing day. The rapids at the top of the run were class 4, and plenty challenging for all of us. She made the trip really exciting, taking us right into the rapids for direct hits on the biggest waves. The trip was a true adrenalin rush and a perfect way to spend a gorgeous September afternoon. We stayed in the cabin tents, which were actually pretty comfortable. There's one outlet and a light, which is a nice touch, but if you're thinking about charging a bunch of things you may want to check and see if it's OK to plug in a strip. The lunch after the rafting was delicious. We had the steak with mashed potatoes, cole slaw and homemade apple cake. Would do this trip again in a minute!
1. One Full day of Whitewater Rafting on the Kennebec or Dead River. This includes all safety equipment, wetsuits (if needed) and a full BBQ...Kennebec (10 years and Up) $69.00 p/p Kennebec High water releases (12 years and up) $75.00 p/p; Dead River (12 years and Up) 79.00 p/p
2. One full day of whitewater Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and up). Whitewater fun yak training in the morning. This includes basic reading of whitewater, paddling and safety instructions, and basic river rescue training. In the afternoon test the skills you've leaned. We will be funyaking in the fun yaks on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 rapids. Lunch is not included. $39.00 p/p
3. Just for fun. (10 years and UP). Go tubing on the calm stretch of the Kennebec River. Swim, play and just have fun. $25.00 p/p
Overnight camping and meal options;
Campsites* $15.00 p/p
Cabin tents** $20.00 p/p
Full Breakfast $ 12.00 p/p
Continental Breakfast $ 6.00 p/p
BBQ or Spaghetti Dinner $ 12.00 p/p
Pizza Party $ 12.00 p/p
* Bring own camping equipment. ** Bring own sleeping bag and pillow.
A user fee of $5.90 per person for the Kennebec trip and $13.40 per person for the Dead River trip will be assessed to cover the Maine Inland Fisheries & Wildlife levy and road access fee.
"Just want to thank you once again for me and my crew for providing another awesome trip. We are never disappointed! We hit every piece of whitewater from quickwater to Class IV."
- The McGillicuddys, July 2021
"The entire family said this was something they want to do again, and we'll be using this company again to do it. Very family friendly and fun for everyone.
- Elizabeth, Sept 20
I have been rafting twice with Magic Falls. The owner Dave has been our guide both trips! He's left a great impression on my friends and me. This company is exceptional. They make you feel right at home and the guides have great senses of humor. The staff are well trained and the meal you get at the end of the trip is great! We are 100% loyal to Magic Dave's White Water Rafting Company!
- Missy M July 2021
"Thank you for a fabulous weekend! The lodge was super. The raft ride was thrilling! The food after ride was excellent! 5 stars all around! Great job and I hope to make it back up there again."
- Melody, June 2020