Maine Rafting for Scout Groups
A Great Way to earn your whitewater merit badge
Magic Falls Rafting Company offers a variety of packages from one day rafting trips to Scout Merit Badges in whitewater and rock climbing. Choose the one that is right for your Scout group or complete our on-line trip planning form to receive a detailed trip quote via email.
A Yelp Review from a happy scoutmaster:
We took a troop of boy scouts up for an unforgettable rafting trip down the Kennebec river. Our guide Pebbles had terrific knowledge of the river and we had an amazing day. The rapids at the top of the run were class 4, and plenty challenging for all of us. She made the trip really exciting, taking us right into the rapids for direct hits on the biggest waves. The trip was a true adrenalin rush and a perfect way to spend a gorgeous September afternoon. We stayed in the cabin tents, which were actually pretty comfortable. There's one outlet and a light, which is a nice touch, but if you're thinking about charging a bunch of things you may want to check and see if it's OK to plug in a strip. The lunch after the rafting was delicious. We had the steak with mashed potatoes, cole slaw and homemade apple cake. Would do this trip again in a minute!
1. One Full day of Whitewater Rafting on the Kennebec or Dead River. This includes all safety equipment, wetsuits (if needed) and a full BBQ...Kennebec (10 years and Up) $54.00 p/p Kennebec High water releases (12 years and up) $69.00 p/p
Dead River (12 years and Up) $69.00 p/p
2. One full day of Team Building Skills (10 years and UP). Team climbing on our specially designed 24 foot climbing wall. This will include many exercises on confidence building, trust in your team, and camaraderie. All safety equipment and instructors are included. Lunch is not included. $25.00 p/p
3. One full day of whitewater Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and UP). Whitewater fun yak training in the morning. This includes basic reading of whitewater, paddling and safety instructions, and basic river rescue training. In the afternoon test the skills you've leaned. We will be funyaking in the fun yaks on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 rapids. Lunch is not included. $39.00 p/p
4. One full day of rock-climbing Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and UP). Learn the basics in the morning and then head to a 75 foot rock face to practice your skills. Lunch is included. $69.00 p/p
5. One full day Fun Yak (12 years and UP). This trip is on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 plus rapids. Wetsuits and bag lunch included. $39.00 p/p
6. Just for fun. (10 years and UP). Fun yak on the calm stretch of the Kennebec River. Swim, play and just have fun. $35.00 p/p
Overnight camping and meal options;
Campsites* $12.00 p/p
Cabin tents** $15.00 p/p
Full Breakfast $ 8.00 p/p
Continental Breakfast $ 5.00 p/p
BBQ or Spaghetti Dinner $ 10.00 p/p
Pizza Party $ 10.00 p/p
* Bring own camping equipment. ** Bring own sleeping bag and pillow.
A user fee of $5.90 per person for the Kennebec trip and $13.60 per person for the Dead River trip will be assessed to cover the Maine Inland Fisheries & Wildlife levy and road access fee.
"Thanks for an excellent day on the river, whether it's raining or sunshine it's always an amazing day. Every single employee is happy with smiles on their faces and always willing to help and do whatever it takes to make our experience incredible. We’ll be back next year!
- Matt, Waterville, Maine
"Thank you once again Magic Falls for creating this opportunity for at risk youth from Long Creek Youth Development Center! Because of your generosity, our youth had the chance to experience 2 incredible days on the river, an opportunity many would never of had otherwise. Your staff have superior knowledge and professionalism, always making our group feel welcomed, valued and safe. Truly an experience of unbelievable value. "Thank you for the memorable rafting trip. The joy on the faces of the kids was unforgettable. All of the guides did a wonderful job with the kids. Your generosity is part of the kids believing kindness is a good thing." - a quote from staff.
- Melanie, South Portland
"We just wanted to let you know that we had a GREAT time this past weekend!!
Your staff was super!!
Both the kids and adults enjoyed everything.
We have all agreed we want to come back again next year!!!
- Nicky P Derry, NH
"I am well versed in customer care and attention to detail. I make it my hobby to quietly observe all the finite things wherever I go. Your staff, your poise with somewhat difficult customers and your care to provide a first rate experience receives top billing from me. I will share the experience with friends and most importantly, when I come rafting again it will be with Magic Falls.
Dj & Alex"
- Dj & Alex