Maine Rafting for Scout Groups
A Great Way to earn your whitewater merit badge
Magic Falls Rafting Company offers a variety of packages from one day rafting trips to Scout Merit Badges in whitewater and rock climbing. Choose the one that is right for your Scout group or complete our on-line trip planning form to receive a detailed trip quote via email.
A Yelp Review from a happy scoutmaster:
We took a troop of boy scouts up for an unforgettable rafting trip down the Kennebec river. Our guide Pebbles had terrific knowledge of the river and we had an amazing day. The rapids at the top of the run were class 4, and plenty challenging for all of us. She made the trip really exciting, taking us right into the rapids for direct hits on the biggest waves. The trip was a true adrenalin rush and a perfect way to spend a gorgeous September afternoon. We stayed in the cabin tents, which were actually pretty comfortable. There's one outlet and a light, which is a nice touch, but if you're thinking about charging a bunch of things you may want to check and see if it's OK to plug in a strip. The lunch after the rafting was delicious. We had the steak with mashed potatoes, cole slaw and homemade apple cake. Would do this trip again in a minute!
1. One Full day of Whitewater Rafting on the Kennebec or Dead River. This includes all safety equipment, wetsuits (if needed) and a full BBQ...Kennebec (10 years and Up) $54.00 p/p Kennebec High water releases (12 years and up) $69.00 p/p
Dead River (12 years and Up) $69.00 p/p
2. One full day of Team Building Skills (10 years and UP). Team climbing on our specially designed 24 foot climbing wall. This will include many exercises on confidence building, trust in your team, and camaraderie. All safety equipment and instructors are included. Lunch is not included. $25.00 p/p
3. One full day of whitewater Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and UP). Whitewater fun yak training in the morning. This includes basic reading of whitewater, paddling and safety instructions, and basic river rescue training. In the afternoon test the skills you've leaned. We will be funyaking in the fun yaks on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 rapids. Lunch is not included. $39.00 p/p
4. One full day of rock-climbing Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and UP). Learn the basics in the morning and then head to a 75 foot rock face to practice your skills. Lunch is included. $69.00 p/p
5. One full day Fun Yak (12 years and UP). This trip is on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 plus rapids. Wetsuits and bag lunch included. $39.00 p/p
6. Just for fun. (10 years and UP). Fun yak on the calm stretch of the Kennebec River. Swim, play and just have fun. $35.00 p/p
Overnight camping and meal options;
Campsites* $12.00 p/p
Cabin tents** $15.00 p/p
Full Breakfast $ 8.00 p/p
Continental Breakfast $ 5.00 p/p
BBQ or Spaghetti Dinner $ 10.00 p/p
Pizza Party $ 10.00 p/p
* Bring own camping equipment. ** Bring own sleeping bag and pillow.
A user fee of $5.90 per person for the Kennebec trip and $13.60 per person for the Dead River trip will be assessed to cover the Maine Inland Fisheries & Wildlife levy and road access fee.
"I just had to let you know that the crew from Johnnyâ€™s Selected Seeds had an AWESOME time on Friday, June 15th! Out of the six of us, four had never been white water rafting before and we all loved it! I can speak for myself and tell you I could easily be addicted to rafting! The weather was unbelievable. The lunch was really good and our guide was fantastic! I do believe we may book again in the fall. I donâ€™t think I can wait until next year! :) Thanks again!"
- Cathy P., Winslow, ME
"We had a family outing on the Kennebec, with our Guides JJ and Molly. A true experience of a lifetime, but one that will be repeated soon! From checking in and being assigned our rafting guides and a quick but thorough instruction of our "responsibilities" on the river, off to the buses and onto the Dam. Once on the river, it was a thrill of a lifetime, one made even better by our Guides, JJ and Molly (we had two rafts...) At the end of an exciting trip a wonderful barbecue awaited some hungry rafters! All the Staff of Magic Falls were exceptional and professional but most of all lots of fun which is what we went for."
- David M, Maine
"We feel like we’re visiting family when we’re there.
I’ve come back every year since 2000 (17 years) and have never rafted with anyone else. Guests I’ve brought over the years have only had good things to say about the service and experience we get from Magic Falls Rafting Co.
Some of those guests had previously rafted with other outfits and have said they’d only raft with Magic Falls again.
- Dan M.
"Thanks for an amazing adventure. 11 Wild Women rafting! Thank goodness we got the DVD because no one would believe we really did it. We had a blast. You run a class operation. All of your guides were hospitable and respectful. The whole adventure was perfect."
- Lee-Ann G., Portsmouth. NH