Maine Rafting for Scout Groups
A Great Way to earn your whitewater merit badge
Magic Falls Rafting Company offers a variety of packages from one day rafting trips to Scout Merit Badges in whitewater and rock climbing. Choose the one that is right for your Scout group or complete our on-line trip planning form to receive a detailed trip quote via email.
A Yelp Review from a happy scoutmaster:
We took a troop of boy scouts up for an unforgettable rafting trip down the Kennebec river. Our guide Pebbles had terrific knowledge of the river and we had an amazing day. The rapids at the top of the run were class 4, and plenty challenging for all of us. She made the trip really exciting, taking us right into the rapids for direct hits on the biggest waves. The trip was a true adrenalin rush and a perfect way to spend a gorgeous September afternoon. We stayed in the cabin tents, which were actually pretty comfortable. There's one outlet and a light, which is a nice touch, but if you're thinking about charging a bunch of things you may want to check and see if it's OK to plug in a strip. The lunch after the rafting was delicious. We had the steak with mashed potatoes, cole slaw and homemade apple cake. Would do this trip again in a minute!
1. One Full day of Whitewater Rafting on the Kennebec or Dead River. This includes all safety equipment, wetsuits (if needed) and a full BBQ...Kennebec (10 years and Up) $59.00 p/p Kennebec High water releases (12 years and up) $75.00 p/p; Dead River (12 years and Up) $75.00 p/p
2. One full day of whitewater Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and up). Whitewater fun yak training in the morning. This includes basic reading of whitewater, paddling and safety instructions, and basic river rescue training. In the afternoon test the skills you've leaned. We will be funyaking in the fun yaks on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 rapids. Lunch is not included. $39.00 p/p
3. Just for fun. (10 years and UP). Go tubing on the calm stretch of the Kennebec River. Swim, play and just have fun. $25.00 p/p
Overnight camping and meal options;
Campsites* $12.00 p/p
Cabin tents** $15.00 p/p
Full Breakfast $ 8.00 p/p
Continental Breakfast $ 5.00 p/p
BBQ or Spaghetti Dinner $ 10.00 p/p
Pizza Party $ 10.00 p/p
* Bring own camping equipment. ** Bring own sleeping bag and pillow.
A user fee of $5.90 per person for the Kennebec trip and $13.40 per person for the Dead River trip will be assessed to cover the Maine Inland Fisheries & Wildlife levy and road access fee.
"We had the best time rafting the Kennebec with Magic Falls. We took my father and 3 teenagers for a wild ride. The experience of the our guide Joe and Chris on the other raft made for a much more exciting ride than a previous trip we took with another rrafting company. True professionals, safe and highly skilled."
- Steven L
"We had a blast! Our guide kept us safe and happy! We were able to get in and ride the rapids a couple times. We had cool challenges and it was very exciting! Afterwards we returned to base camp for lunch, the steak was very tender and blueberry crumb cake was delicious. We would do this trip over and over again!"
- Melissa H, Houston, TX
"We just wanted to write you and convey what a wonderful trip we had this past weekend. We are excited to book our trip for next year and bring our son to start the next generation of our family down the Kennebec River with Magic Falls. We'd like to thank you again for everything you do for us, you show us every year why Magic Falls Rafting is truly the only name when it comes to whitewater rafting in Maine.
- The Brooks Family, Jay, ME
"First time white-water rafting and this experience blew all my expectations out of the water! They go through all safety protocol and we felt balanced with safety precautions and the thrill of risk. Next time, we might try out the overnight cabins they have on site. Will absolutely be back!"
- Sami T, Chestnut Hill, MA