Maine Rafting for Scout Groups
A Great Way to earn your whitewater merit badge
Magic Falls Rafting Company offers a variety of packages from one day rafting trips to Scout Merit Badges in whitewater and rock climbing. Choose the one that is right for your Scout group or complete our on-line trip planning form to receive a detailed trip quote via email.
A Yelp Review from a happy scoutmaster:
We took a troop of boy scouts up for an unforgettable rafting trip down the Kennebec river. Our guide Pebbles had terrific knowledge of the river and we had an amazing day. The rapids at the top of the run were class 4, and plenty challenging for all of us. She made the trip really exciting, taking us right into the rapids for direct hits on the biggest waves. The trip was a true adrenalin rush and a perfect way to spend a gorgeous September afternoon. We stayed in the cabin tents, which were actually pretty comfortable. There's one outlet and a light, which is a nice touch, but if you're thinking about charging a bunch of things you may want to check and see if it's OK to plug in a strip. The lunch after the rafting was delicious. We had the steak with mashed potatoes, cole slaw and homemade apple cake. Would do this trip again in a minute!
1. One Full day of Whitewater Rafting on the Kennebec or Dead River. This includes all safety equipment, wetsuits (if needed) and a full BBQ...Kennebec (10 years and Up) $59.00 p/p Kennebec High water releases (12 years and up) $75.00 p/p; Dead River (12 years and Up) $75.00 p/p
2. One full day of whitewater Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and up). Whitewater fun yak training in the morning. This includes basic reading of whitewater, paddling and safety instructions, and basic river rescue training. In the afternoon test the skills you've leaned. We will be funyaking in the fun yaks on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 rapids. Lunch is not included. $39.00 p/p
3. Just for fun. (10 years and UP). Go tubing on the calm stretch of the Kennebec River. Swim, play and just have fun. $25.00 p/p
Overnight camping and meal options;
Campsites* $12.00 p/p
Cabin tents** $15.00 p/p
Full Breakfast $ 8.00 p/p
Continental Breakfast $ 5.00 p/p
BBQ or Spaghetti Dinner $ 10.00 p/p
Pizza Party $ 10.00 p/p
* Bring own camping equipment. ** Bring own sleeping bag and pillow.
A user fee of $5.90 per person for the Kennebec trip and $13.40 per person for the Dead River trip will be assessed to cover the Maine Inland Fisheries & Wildlife levy and road access fee.
"Our guide was very knowledgeable, rafting Kennebec was a blast. Magic Falls runs a great operation, equipment was more decent than other companies we’ve tried in the past and our experience was very memorable."
- Fivos, Boston, MA
"Bravo to Magic Falls Rafting! We took my 19/16 year old kids. The whole place was so impressive, great lunch, awesome guides, great pictures."
"We just wanted to write you and convey what a wonderful trip we had this past weekend. We are excited to book our trip for next year and bring our son to start the next generation of our family down the Kennebec River with Magic Falls. We'd like to thank you again for everything you do for us, you show us every year why Magic Falls Rafting is truly the only name when it comes to whitewater rafting in Maine.
- The Brooks Family, Jay, ME
"Thank you for helping coordinate an awesome rafting trip for me and my 6 friends. Guide Eric Lundquist was perfect for us! We really enjoyed our time with him and all the ladies took something special from the day: overcame a fear, experienced something they never did before or just had a perfect time enjoying the beauty of the river. The stop at the waterfall was a highlight for everyone! Your business is absolutely wonderful!! I had such a good experience this past summer with my retreat that I am working on expanding and doing two retreats in 2018!"
- Deb, Schwenksville, PA