Maine Rafting for Scout Groups
A Great Way to earn your whitewater merit badge
Magic Falls Rafting Company offers a variety of packages from one day rafting trips to Scout Merit Badges in whitewater and rock climbing. Choose the one that is right for your Scout group or complete our on-line trip planning form to receive a detailed trip quote via email.
1. One Full day of Whitewater Rafting on the Kennebec or Dead River. This includes all safety equipment, wetsuits (if needed) and a full BBQ...Kennebec (10 years and Up) $54.00 p/p Kennebec High water releases (12 years and up) $69.00 p/p
Dead River (12 years and Up) $69.00 p/p
2. One full day of Team Building Skills (10 years and UP). Team climbing on our specially designed 24 foot climbing wall. This will include many exercises on confidence building, trust in your team, and camaraderie. All safety equipment and instructors are included. Lunch is not included. $25.00 p/p
3. One full day of whitewater Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and UP). Whitewater fun yak training in the morning. This includes basic reading of whitewater, paddling and safety instructions, and basic river rescue training. In the afternoon test the skills you've leaned. We will be funyaking in the fun yaks on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 rapids. Lunch is not included. $39.00 p/p
4. One full day of rock-climbing Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and UP). Learn the basics in the morning and then head to a 75 foot rock face to practice your skills. Lunch is included. $69.00 p/p
5. One full day Fun Yak (12 years and UP). This trip is on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 plus rapids. Wetsuits and bag lunch included. $39.00 p/p
6. Just for fun. (10 years and UP). Fun yak on the calm stretch of the Kennebec River. Swim, play and just have fun. $35.00 p/p
Overnight camping and meal options;
Campsites* $12.00 p/p
Cabin tents** $15.00 p/p
Full Breakfast $ 8.00 p/p
Continental Breakfast $ 5.00 p/p
BBQ or Spaghetti Dinner $ 10.00 p/p
Pizza Party $ 10.00 p/p
* Bring own camping equipment. ** Bring own sleeping bag and pillow.
A user fee of $5.90 per person for the Kennebec trip and $13.60 per person for the Dead River trip will be assessed to cover the Maine Inland Fisheries & Wildlife levy and road access fee.
"We had a family outing on the Kennebec, with our Guides JJ and Molly. A true experience of a lifetime, but one that will be repeated soon! From checking in and being assigned our rafting guides and a quick but thorough instruction of our "responsibilities" on the river, off to the buses and onto the Dam. Once on the river, it was a thrill of a lifetime, one made even better by our Guides, JJ and Molly (we had two rafts...) At the end of an exciting trip a wonderful barbecue awaited some hungry rafters! All the Staff of Magic Falls were exceptional and professional but most of all lots of fun which is what we went for."
- David M, Maine
"A great trip. Everybody in our two-family group, ages from 10-50, said it was the best day of the summer. We already have blood oaths and pinkie swears committing to doing it again next year."
- Greg, Topsham, Maine
"Thanks for an excellent day on the river, whether it's raining or sunshine it's always an amazing day. Every single employee is happy with smiles on their faces and always willing to help and do whatever it takes to make our experience incredible. We’ll be back next year!
- Matt, Waterville, Maine
"Thanks for an amazing adventure. 11 Wild Women rafting! Thank goodness we got the DVD because no one would believe we really did it. We had a blast. You run a class operation. All of your guides were hospitable and respectful. The whole adventure was perfect."
- Lee-Ann G., Portsmouth. NH