Maine Rafting for Scout Groups
A Great Way to earn your whitewater merit badge
Magic Falls Rafting Company offers a variety of packages from one day rafting trips to Scout Merit Badges in whitewater and rock climbing. Choose the one that is right for your Scout group or complete our on-line trip planning form to receive a detailed trip quote via email.
1. One Full day of Whitewater Rafting on the Kennebec or Dead River. This includes all safety equipment, wetsuits (if needed) and a full BBQ...Kennebec (10 years and Up) $54.00 p/p Kennebec High water releases (12 years and up) $69.00 p/p
Dead River (12 years and Up) $69.00 p/p
2. One full day of Team Building Skills (10 years and UP). Team climbing on our specially designed 24 foot climbing wall. This will include many exercises on confidence building, trust in your team, and camaraderie. All safety equipment and instructors are included. Lunch is not included. $25.00 p/p
3. One full day of whitewater Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and UP). Whitewater fun yak training in the morning. This includes basic reading of whitewater, paddling and safety instructions, and basic river rescue training. In the afternoon test the skills you've leaned. We will be funyaking in the fun yaks on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 rapids. Lunch is not included. $39.00 p/p
4. One full day of rock-climbing Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and UP). Learn the basics in the morning and then head to a 75 foot rock face to practice your skills. Lunch is included. $69.00 p/p
5. One full day Fun Yak (12 years and UP). This trip is on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 plus rapids. Wetsuits and bag lunch included. $39.00 p/p
6. Just for fun. (10 years and UP). Fun yak on the calm stretch of the Kennebec River. Swim, play and just have fun. $35.00 p/p
Overnight camping and meal options;
Campsites* $12.00 p/p
Cabin tents** $15.00 p/p
Full Breakfast $ 8.00 p/p
Continental Breakfast $ 5.00 p/p
BBQ or Spaghetti Dinner $ 10.00 p/p
Pizza Party $ 10.00 p/p
* Bring own camping equipment. ** Bring own sleeping bag and pillow.
A user fee of $5.90 per person for the Kennebec trip and $13.60 per person for the Dead River trip will be assessed to cover the Maine Inland Fisheries & Wildlife levy and road access fee.
"Just wanted to drop a quick note to say what a great trip we had. The double run was awesome and Chris gave us an amazing ride. Can I request him for next year now? Thanks again and see you all next year if not sooner."
- Chuck, Haverhill, Mass.
"Thanks for an excellent day on the river, whether it's raining or sunshine it's always an amazing day. Every single employee is happy with smiles on their faces and always willing to help and do whatever it takes to make our experience incredible. We’ll be back next year!
- Matt, Waterville, Maine
"It was my wife's 50th birthday and she wanted to celebrate in a special way. The trip we had was indeed special. What made it special was the way the employees and river guides catered to our group. She couldn't have celebrated her 50th any better."
- Sal C., Needham Heights, MA
"This is my second time at Magic Falls. Each time, you guys have knocked it out of the park. I know you can't put a price on an unforgettable experience, but it still blows my mind the value you get from Magic Falls. The moment everyone got off the raft, coming back later this year was brought up immediately. Send out my heart felt thanks to the entire staff, and our river guides Chris and Ben for the awesome experience. I tried to leave glowing reviews on a couple websites because you guys probably deserve to be the most popular rafting place in Maine.
- Dan Scholz