Maine Rafting for Scout Groups
A Great Way to earn your whitewater merit badge
Magic Falls Rafting Company offers a variety of packages from one day rafting trips to Scout Merit Badges in whitewater and rock climbing. Choose the one that is right for your Scout group or complete our on-line trip planning form to receive a detailed trip quote via email.
A Yelp Review from a happy scoutmaster:
We took a troop of boy scouts up for an unforgettable rafting trip down the Kennebec river. Our guide Pebbles had terrific knowledge of the river and we had an amazing day. The rapids at the top of the run were class 4, and plenty challenging for all of us. She made the trip really exciting, taking us right into the rapids for direct hits on the biggest waves. The trip was a true adrenalin rush and a perfect way to spend a gorgeous September afternoon. We stayed in the cabin tents, which were actually pretty comfortable. There's one outlet and a light, which is a nice touch, but if you're thinking about charging a bunch of things you may want to check and see if it's OK to plug in a strip. The lunch after the rafting was delicious. We had the steak with mashed potatoes, cole slaw and homemade apple cake. Would do this trip again in a minute!
1. One Full day of Whitewater Rafting on the Kennebec or Dead River. This includes all safety equipment, wetsuits (if needed) and a full BBQ...Kennebec (10 years and Up) $54.00 p/p Kennebec High water releases (12 years and up) $69.00 p/p
Dead River (12 years and Up) $69.00 p/p
2. One full day of Team Building Skills (10 years and UP). Team climbing on our specially designed 24 foot climbing wall. This will include many exercises on confidence building, trust in your team, and camaraderie. All safety equipment and instructors are included. Lunch is not included. $25.00 p/p
3. One full day of whitewater Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and UP). Whitewater fun yak training in the morning. This includes basic reading of whitewater, paddling and safety instructions, and basic river rescue training. In the afternoon test the skills you've leaned. We will be funyaking in the fun yaks on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 rapids. Lunch is not included. $39.00 p/p
4. One full day of rock-climbing Scout Merit Badge instruction (13 years and UP). Learn the basics in the morning and then head to a 75 foot rock face to practice your skills. Lunch is included. $69.00 p/p
5. One full day Fun Yak (12 years and UP). This trip is on the lower Kennebec River in class 1-2 plus rapids. Wetsuits and bag lunch included. $39.00 p/p
6. Just for fun. (10 years and UP). Fun yak on the calm stretch of the Kennebec River. Swim, play and just have fun. $35.00 p/p
Overnight camping and meal options;
Campsites* $12.00 p/p
Cabin tents** $15.00 p/p
Full Breakfast $ 8.00 p/p
Continental Breakfast $ 5.00 p/p
BBQ or Spaghetti Dinner $ 10.00 p/p
Pizza Party $ 10.00 p/p
* Bring own camping equipment. ** Bring own sleeping bag and pillow.
A user fee of $5.90 per person for the Kennebec trip and $13.60 per person for the Dead River trip will be assessed to cover the Maine Inland Fisheries & Wildlife levy and road access fee.
"I would like to personally thank you for the amazing adventure you organized for Auburn High School last week. The amount of times that I heard the students say that it was the best weekend/trip EVER on the way home told me that this is a trip that they will remember for the rest of their lives. Your hospitality, professionalism, river expertise, and overall easy going nature made my students and I feel comfortable, safe, and relaxed. You present students with a once of a lifetime experience of bonding and adventure and I will highly recommend your company to everyone I talk to!"
- Spencer K. Auburn, Mass, High School
"It was my wife's 50th birthday and she wanted to celebrate in a special way. The trip we had was indeed special. What made it special was the way the employees and river guides catered to our group. She couldn't have celebrated her 50th any better."
- Sal C., Needham Heights, MA
"A great trip. Everybody in our two-family group, ages from 10-50, said it was the best day of the summer. We already have blood oaths and pinkie swears committing to doing it again next year."
- Greg, Topsham, Maine
"I have been rafting with Dave & Donna for 27 years. I have continued to stay with these folks because the are the BEST IN THE INDUSTRY! A well-run outfit with personable, knowledgeable guides who understand what it takes to make each and every run a run to remember! And if you really want to have some fun, go run Double Trouble on the Kennebec in the summertime. What is even better is watching the people you have rafted with for so long bringing their kids along for the trips now. My 4 teenage kids are TOTALLY HOOKED! They look forward to heading to Magic Falls Rafting every year now. The tradition has started. Congrats on 29 years Dave & Donna."
- Paul, Billerica, MA